Tags: Photosynthetic, Water
The loss of water through the leaf stomata. The transpired water comes from the photosynthetic process and also from water in the cells.
Visit our InfoTIP Glossary
- Root zone temperature and plant healthThere are many aspects of crop and plant production that are critical for the success of the effort. One of the most often overlooked and seldom allow ed for aspects of production centers around the temperature of the root zone. After all, it is out of sight and there is not much that can be done about it. Besides, it must be OK to hold the entire plant at the same temperature, right? Wrong; and here is why.
- How air temperature affects plantsMost biological processes will speed up at higher temperatures, and this can have both positive and negative effects. For example, faster growth or fruit production is one benefit, in most cases. However, the excessive respiration that occurs is adverse because it means that there is less energy for fruit development and the fruits will be smaller. Some effects are short term, while others are longer term. The plant’s assimilation balance, for example, is influenced by the temperature and is affected immediately. Flower induction, on the other hand, is determined by the climate over a much longer period.
- Water Uptake and Transport in Vascular Plants
- How To Germinate and Care for Plumeria Seeds and Seedlings
- Germinating and Caring for Plumeria Seeds